Thank you for your interest in this program!
This will be our first official education offering and we are excited to have our good friend, talented fabricator and artist J Shia of Madhouse Motors in Boston joining us.
Please plan to wear long pants, boots (closed toes shoes at a minimum), and a long sleeve shirt of something with long sleeves to put on while working and welding.
We will provide gloves, welding helmets, and safety glasses, however, feel free to bring your own.
Below find a general outline of what we plan to cover with you while you are here with us.
Gas Tungsten Arc Welding aka. Tungsten Inert Gas Welding aka. TIG Welding
Sunday, April 23rd.
Two sessions offered:
Morning from 9am-12pm and Afternoon from 1pm to 4pm
Each session will be limited to 6 participants maximum. First come, first serve.
Learn the processes and safety protocols of various aspects of metal working.
Learn the basics of welding terminology.
Learn the basic set-up configurations of various welding equipment.
Begin to develop the skills needed to weld.
Topics to be covered are:
- Course introduction, welding and general shop safety
- Material- Mild Steel
- Basic cutting techniques
- How to prep material properly for quality welds
- Basic weld joints and positions (butt welds, corner welds, clamping)
- The importance of heat control
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Basic understanding of operation and different types of cut off-wheels and hand grinders
- Understand how to operate the equipment in a manner that keeps the student and others in the immediate area safe
- Use the welding machines and welding equipment safely and proficiently
- Select and use the correct filler rods and gases to weld steel
- Identify quality (and improper) welds that are the product of various welding techniques and gases
Upon signing up, you are committing to attending. If you have to cancel, please do so with at least a weeks notice so we can offer your spot to someone else. We reserve the right to keep all, or a portion of, (at our discretion), payments from any persons who cancel with less than a weeks notice or who no-show.
On the day of, everyone will be required to sign a liability waiver before we begin. Please do not sign up if you are not comfortable with this.